- About Us
- Special Events
- Welcome to Mountain View
- In The News
Public Policy & Advocacy
The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View recognizes that for many of our members, keeping track of the latest legislative development is nearly impossible. One of the great benefits of being a part of our Chamber is our legislative advocacy at every level of government. Throughout the year, Chamber staff, the Business Issues & Public Policy (BIPP) Committee and Board of Directors tirelessly work to represent local business to government. We work closely with elected officials at all levels ensuring our members’ representation in every way possible.
With the help of our members and by being an active member of the Santa Clara County Chamber Coalition and the California Chamber of Commerce, the Business Issues & Public Policy Committee attempts to proactively track issues that might impact business at the local, state and federal levels. We aim to inform our members of these matters and how to best get your voices heard.
The Chamber of Commerce’s BIPP Committee addresses issues including public policy, ordinances, zoning, ballot measures, permits, regulatory issues, development projects, and many other key topics. We periodically will meet with City of Mountain View staff and decision makers to ensure that our Business Members voices are being heard.
Have an Issue or Concern
We want to hear from you. The Chamber aims to identify key issues that impact our business owners, but your help in identifying items of concern or how we can effectively advocate and spur economic development within Mountain View is helpful.
Whether you have a permitting issue or concerned about bigger city issues- you are highly encouraged to contact the Chamber of Commerce and let us know how we can help you.
- The Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission are developing a regional Commuter Benefits Program that will encourage the use of alternatives to driving. Employers with 50+ employees will have the flexibility to offer the employees 4 various alternatives. Your feedback is needed during the drafting of this plan. Visit www.baaqmd.gov/
commuterbenefits for more information.
- The Chamber of Commerce has signed on to be a part of the CEQA Working Group, a coalition focused on modernizing the CEQA legislation. For more information on the coalition and to provide testimonials, please visit www.ceqaworkinggroup.com
- The City Council recently held a goal-setting session and 3 goals were identified: 1) retain & improve green space & forestry 2) improve bicycle & pedestrian mobility (safety) and 3) use technology to enhance customer service, efficiency & advance the mission of the organization. There will be an opportunity for business to provide to provide input on these topics- look for more information in our newsletters!
- The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View is a member of the Santa Clara County Chamber Coalition. The Coalition has identified their own set of topics to focus on and the Chamber is currently working on tracking and providing information on:
1) the Healthcare Reform Act and its impact on business
2) the Split Roll Property Tax
3) CEQA Reform
- We are also tracking other legislative issues at all levels of government that can impact your business and the economic development of the city.
- Collier’s Research & Forecast Report Q4 2012 >> click here
- California Business Investment Guide – March 2013 >> click here
- In our continued participation with the CEQA Working Group, the Chamber has signed onto a coalition letter asking for amendments to be made to the SB 731 to achieve true and meaningful reform this year. A copy of the letter can be viewed here.
- Recent Town Hall Meeting with Assemblymember Rich Gordon
- Business Issues and Public Policy – Engaging our members in issues that impact business at the local and state level >> read more
- Reusable Bag Ordinance will become effective April 22, 2013.
For information, visit https://www.mountainview.gov/
city_hall/public_works/ garbage_and_recycling/bag_ ordinance.asp
- The Chamber of Commerce has recently advocated for housing in the North Bayshore
- The Chamber hosted Candidates for State Office Forum
- The Chamber hosted Mountain View City Council Candidate Forum
- UPDATED! General Plan 2030: http://www.ci.mtnview.
ca.us/city_hall/community_ development/planning/plans_ regulations_and_guidelines/ general_plan.asp
- The Village at San Antonio – http://www.
- City of Mountain View General Plan Update >> click here
- Reusable Bag Ordinance >> click here