- About Us
- Special Events
- Welcome to Mountain View
- In The News
The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View recognizes that for many of our members, keeping track of the latest legislative development is nearly impossible. One of the great benefits of being a part of our Chamber is our legislative advocacy at every level of government. Throughout the year, Chamber staff, the Business Issues & Public Policy (BIPP) Committee and Board of Directors are tirelessly working to represent local business to government. We work closely with elected officials at the state and federal levels ensuring our members’ representation in every way possible. The Business Issues & Public Policy Committee attempts to proactively track issues that might impact business at the local, state and federal levels. We aim to inform our members of these matters and how to best get your voices heard.
- The Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission are developing a regional Commuter Benefits Program that will encourage the use of alternatives to driving. Employers with 50+ employees will have the flexibility to offer the employees 4 various alternatives. Your feedback is needed during the drafting of this plan. Visit www.baaqmd.gov/
commuterbenefits for more information.
- The Chamber of Commerce has signed on to be a part of the CEQA Working Group, a coalition focused on modernizing the CEQA legislation. For more information on the coalition and to provide testimonials, please visit www.ceqaworkinggroup.com
- The City Council recently held a goal-setting session and 3 goals were identified: 1) retain & improve green space & forestry 2) improve bicycle & pedestrian mobility (safety) and 3) use technology to enhance customer service, efficiency & advance the mission of the organization. There will be an opportunity for business to provide to provide input on these topics- look for more information in our newsletters!
- The Chamber of Commerce Mountain View is a member of the Santa Clara County Chamber Coalition. The Coalition has identified their own set of topics to focus on and the Chamber is currently working on tracking and providing information on:
1) the Healthcare Reform Act and its impact on business
2) the Split Roll Property Tax
3) CEQA Reform
- We are also tracking other legislative issues at all levels of government that can impact your business and the economic development of the city.
- Collier’s Research & Forecast Report Q4 2012 >> click here
- California Business Investment Guide – March 2013 >> click here
- Recent Town Hall Meeting with Assemblymember Rich Gordon
- Business Issues and Public Policy – Engaging our members in issues that impact business at the local and state level >> read more
- Reusable Bag Ordinance will become effective April 22, 2013.
For information, visit https://www.mountainview.gov/
city_hall/public_works/ garbage_and_recycling/bag_ ordinance.asp
- The Chamber of Commerce has recently advocated for housing in the North Bayshore
- The Chamber hosted Candidates for State Office Forum
- The Chamber hosted Mountain View City Council Candidate Forum
The Chamber has reviewed the State Propositions and Candidates for the November 2012 election. Click here to see the list of some of the propositions and the positions taken by the Chamber, as well as Candidate Endorsements.
We would like to congratulate the following candidates we endorsed:
Rich Gordon- Assembly Jerry Hill – Senate Chris Clark- City Council Mike Kasperzak (incumbent) – City Council John Inks (incumbent)- City Council John McAlister- City Council
- City Officials >> click here
- State Officials >> click here
- State Government and Services >> click here
- Register to Vote >> click here
- Legislative Information >> click here
- City council meetings http://laserfiche.
mountainview.gov/WebLink/ Browse.aspx?startid=35382&row= 1&dbid=0
- UPDATED! General Plan 2030: http://www.ci.mtnview.
ca.us/city_hall/community_ development/planning/plans_ regulations_and_guidelines/ general_plan.asp
- The Village at San Antonio – http://www.
- City of Mountain View General Plan Update >> click here
- Reusable Bag Ordinance >> click here