Job Title: Preschool Teacher Assistant
Reports to: Vivian Qian, Preschool Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Hourly Wage: $18-$22 (Depending on Education and Experience)
The Preschool Teacher Assistant will assist and support the lead teachers with the implementation of a quality program that enriches the students based on the Yew Chung International School vision and goals. The Preschool program strives to maintain a safe and educational learning environment for young children by successfully implementing program curriculum and daily program activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and support teachers as needed and requested
- Prepare materials for class activities
- Supervise and interact with children accordingly
- Prepare and distribute snacks on occasion or as needed
- May be asked to take pictures of children and activities by lead teacher
- Playground / Outdoor duty as needed or as requested
- Cover during other teacher’s absence
- Follow and adhere to the employee dress code as found in the Employee Handbook
- Attend meetings as requested
- If unsure about a procedure, must communicate with either the teachers or the Coordinator
- Maintain accurate and organized records such as attendance records, snack records,
- timesheets, incident reports as needed, requested or required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must meet the proficiency level of communication in Chinese/English as needed.
- Must have patience, care and compassion for working with children of varied ages
- Ability to write, speak and understand English and/or Chinese
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Knowledge of age and developmentally appropriate activities, resources and teaching strategies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Successful completion of higher education coursework related to education child development and / or related field preferred.
- Experience implementing educational programming working with students as a teacher, educational aide, and / or , daycare operator or assistant.
- A high sense of professionalism.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Frequently walk, use hands to finger handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear.
- Often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and in case of emergency a 40 pound child
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Certificates, Licenses, Clearances, Testing and/or Bonding Required
• This organization requires a successful candidate to provide it with employment eligibility and verification of a legal right to work in the United States in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Please submit a Cover Letter of Interest, Resume, Two Letters of Recommendation to: Vivianq@sv.ycef.com.
Yew Chung International School is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, color, national origin, creed, age, gender or disability or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment where employees are treated with respect and dignity.