Voice Your Support of the Santa Clara Water District to Support CA WaterfixOctober 12, 2017
The Santa Clara Valley Water District board of directors is scheduled to vote on whether they want to support the California WaterFix at their board meeting next week. If you are interested we urge you to attend and ask them to vote YES on WaterFix, Tuesday, October 17 at 1:00pm.
As you may be aware, although the Santa Clara region is a hub for innovation, 40% of our drinking water comes from the delta via 100-year-old dirt levees; WaterFix would upgrade infrastructure and secure water supplies for Santa Clara area. It is of vital importance that we demonstrate the broad base of support for the project in Santa Clara county.
- What: Voice support of California WaterFix
- Who: Santa Clara Valley Water District Board of Directors
- When: 1 PM on Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Where: SCVWD Headquarters Ball Room
5700 Almaden Expressway
San Jose, CA 95118
In addition to attending the meeting in-person, below are additional actions that you can take to support the WaterFix:
- Send a letter to the SCVWD Board of Directors indicating your organization’s support for the WaterFix. Letters can be sent to email@example.com and your comments will be delivered to all seven board members. Our team can provide you with draft points to hit in your comment letter.
- Send an email to your team notifying them of the board meeting and encouraging them to attend the SCVWD meeting.
- Tweet in support of #CAWaterFix from organization and personal Twitter accounts in support of the California WaterFix. Below are a couple draft tweets to work from:
- We urge @ValleyWater to support #CAWaterFix to secure drinking water for Santa Clara homes and businesses.
- 40% of Santa Clara area water is delivered via century old dirt levees, #CAWaterFix is crucial to our region, we urge yes vote @valleywater
Please direct questions to Kyle Griffith at