CSA Volunteer Update: Here is how you can help.
|2018 Holiday Sharing Program
Thank you to the many people who have supported our Holiday Sharing Program in the past. This year's annual holiday food and toy distribution event is coming up pretty quickly - on Saturday, December 15 and Sunday, December 16.
A long-time tradition here at CSA, the popular event is for Mountain View/Los Altos area families who meet CSA's eligibility requirements and register for client services by December 1st.
This year we are partnering with Hope's Corner - the hot breakfast program on Saturdays at Trinity United Methodist Church - to offer children's activities. While parents "shop" for toys, gift cards and holiday groceries at CSA, their children can enjoy cookies, crafts and a visit with Santa at Hope's Corner. For those families who are uncomfortable signing up for CSA services, a small supply of toys will be available at Hope's Corner.
Here are ways that you can help:
- Refer families who might benefit from CSA's food pantry and/or emergency financial assistance program. They can contact us at (650) 968-0836, ext. 100, to schedule an appointment. Our Case Managers will also be at Hope's Corner from 8:00 to 10:00 on November 10 and November 17 to meet with families and sign them up for CSA services.
- Volunteer that weekend! Please call (650) 964-4630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your shift.
Donate to the cause! Please note that we are asking for gift cards ($25 denominations) so families have more gift options (especially for their older children) and to help underwrite groceries for the additional families expected this year. Since we have over 100 boxes of toys from last year (check out the photo at right) and limited storage, gift cards are especially welcome. If you would prefer to make a financial gift to help us purchase gift cards, please click here to do so.
CSA continues to have great need for volunteers, especially those who can volunteer on a regular basis. If you or anyone you know is interested in volunteering and can comfortably lift at least 25 pounds, please considering volunteering in our Food & Nutrition Center. All volunteers must be at least 12 years of age; please note that volunteers between the ages of 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult 21 or over.
We are also in need of regular weekly volunteers who are willing to make a commitment for the following needs:
CSA Pantry Volunteer:
- Monday and Thursday: 9:30am-12:30pm, 11:00am-2:00pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9:30am-12:30pm, 10:00am-1:00pm, 1:30pm-4:30pm
- Friday: 10:00am-1:00pm, 1:00pm- 4:00pm
Donation Pick Up Drivers:
- Monday to Friday: 9:00am-11:00am
On Site School Program:
- Theuerkauf, every 1st and 3rd Monday, 1:15pm-4:15pm,
- Monte Loma, every 2nd and 4th Monday, 3:30pm-6:30pm,
- Castro, every Thursday, 11am-2pm
Drivers for Senior Case Management: Ongoing
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please contact me at (650) 964-4630.