Become a Member
Become a Member
As a Chamber member, you have access to a wealth of valuable benefits and services
Whether your business has just one employee or thousands, your Chamber of Commerce can provide many opportunities for your business to thrive.
Through its strong Community partnerships, programs, events, staff and Board of Directors, your Chamber of Commerce is a powerful partner for its member businesses. The Chamber strives to enhance its members' visibility in the Community, advocates for sound business policy and provides regular networking and promotional opportunities.
Joining your Chamber is a strategic investment for your business. A research study done by the Schapiro Group an Atlanta-based market research firm demonstrates the value of joining your local chamber:
When a consumer knows a small business is a Chamber member, they are 63% more likely to purchase products or services from it. Consumers infer that Chamber members are more trustworthy, they care more about their customers, are more involved in the community, and they are considered an industry leader.
59% of consumers think joining the local chamber is an effective business strategy.
When a consumer knows that a restaurant is a Chamber member, they are 40% more likely to dine there in the next few months.
When a consumer knows an insurance agency is a Chamber member, they are 43% more likely to consider that agency when buying insurance.
How has membership benefited you?
Being able to meet with other small business owners and keep a pulse on what is going on in the area is something I really can't get anywhere else. It really helps to talk with others who are going through the same thing I am as a small business owner.
--Larry Moore, Owner Larry's Auto Works
As a non-profit organization and health care provider to half of Mountain View's residents, the Palo Alto Medical Foundation views our Chamber membership as a vital way to connect with our community.
-Cynthia Rust-Greaves, Sutter Home/Palo Alto Medical Foundation
To meet and share ideas with other local business owners, and to become a part of the Bx Business Connections group
-Claire Kalia, Kalia Law PC
I have learned so much about the Mountain View community, the working of the council and critical infrastructure issues facing the city. I have also become aware of how important it is that the Chamber not only represent the business community, but also non-profits and be an advocate for a livable community for everyone.
-Cecile Currier, El Camino Hospital
It helps me build relationships that lead to productive collaborations with other businesses, nonprofits, and advocacy organizations.
-Katie Ferrick, Linkedin
Why would you recommend membership to others?
Because it gives you a forum to meet other business owners and opportunities to get involved in your community.
- Jon Simms, TeamLogicIT
It is important for businesses large and small, for profit and nonprofit, and in every sector to be connected to their community. That's what the Chamber does for us in Mountain View.
- Tom Myers, CSA
I recommend the Chamber to other businesses because of the promotional benefits, such as Grand Openings and Ribbon Cuttings. I also recommend the Chamber to businesses for the ability to get to know other business people in Mountain View and for a window into what is going on in the city.
- Lonnie Gary, Young, Craig & Co.
It provides a foundation that weaves together the fabric of all aspects of the city through it's myriad of programs, events and networking opportunities.
-Kim Copher, Coldwell Banker Real Estate
My company is more successful when Mountain View as a whole is more successful. The chamber contributes to the success of our local business.
-Sarah Astles, OPAL Event Venue/Night Club
Each of our core membership tiers is specifically targeted to benefit a multitude of businesses within the Mountain View community. Each tier includes everything identified in the prior membership level.
The Advocate |ADVCT| - starts at $15/month or $149/year
Advocate members use our services to ensure their policy needs are met so they can focus on running their business. This membership ranges from a zero-revenue startup to a small business. The Advocacy membership prevents companies from getting blindsided by a public policy that could be detrimental to their budding business.
The Connector |CNCTR| - starts at $350/year or $35/month (+ADVCT)
A Connector membership allows companies the most diverse and expansive face-to-face business engagement available in the Mountain View business community. Alongside the advantageous mixers and Luncheons, membership includes access to ChamberZone, one 4-hour boardroom reservation a month, and a network of discounted rates. Connector membership enables any business to broaden their network to solidify their standing within the Mountain View business community.
The Promoter |PRMTR|- starts at $1,000/year or $100/month (+ADVCT +CNCTR)
Promoters are able to visually advance your brand through marketing channels, visual promotion, and additional face-to-face connection. Promoter membership includes two 4-hour boardroom reservations per month, one banner ad per year on chambermv.org, enhanced directory listing and an exclusive one-on-one meeting with Chamber CEO.
The Builder |BLDR| - starts at $10,000/year (+ADVCT, +CNCTR, +PRMTR)
Builders are the chambers largest ally and resource. Builders look to the Chamber to represent them and the business community, and to elevate the status and pride of Mountain View. The builder package provides year-round visibility, access to neighboring business executives, opportunities to host clients, and consistent one-on-one dialogue with Chamber CEO and board members. Builders come to the chamber to demonstrate their commitment to work on the social, local, state issues that matter in Mountain View.
What Chamber Membership Brings
- Your business or organization will be listed on ChamberMV.org website (over 10,000 hits per week)
- Your business or organization will be listed in the Chamber Business Directory
- Your business or organization will be listed in annual official City of Mountain View Map and or Guide (distribution over 7,500)
- Access to advertising opportunities (at member rate) in Map, E-Newsletter, ILoveMV.org and on the ChamberMV.org Website
- Chamber member plaque or window sticker for recognition and display
- Phone call referrals as a Chamber member and opportunity to display literature at Chamber office/Visitor Center and at events/functions
- Invitation to attend and participate in monthly Business Mixers, Success Series Luncheon, Young Professionals events and other Chamber events and committees
- Business Leads Group (Business ConneXions)
- Be introduced through the Chamber to other businesses, city council members, and or city leaders
Value of Access
- Subscriptions: Monthly E-Newsletter & calendar of events
- $185 (10%) discount off tuition $1,850 for one student in Leadership Mountain View program* (Connector and higher membership required)
- Save up to 60% on Office Depot purchases through our Membership Program
- 10 complimentary Mountain View Maps & Community Guides
- 50% off Chamber Member mailing labels
- Special Member only pricing for advertising
- Chamber 101 Breakfast – A quarterly breakfast, open to all member businesses of the Chamber of Commerce. These events are a great way for Members to meet some of our Board Members, Ambassadors, Staff and other Members. Network and mingle while enjoying a light breakfast and brief presentation. Information presented will show Members how to gain maximum benefit from their membership through the wide variety of programs and services offered.
- Ribbon Cuttings & Grand Openings – The Chamber will help coordinate a Ribbon Cutting with the Mayor’s office to celebrate your Grand Opening, Anniversary, Remodel or Change of Location. Ribbon Cuttings are a fun and easy way to drive people to your business. Contact our membership staff – firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule your Ribbon Cutting today! Learn More
- New member recognition at Business Mixer
- Free business listing in Chamber E-Newsletter
Apply for Membership Today!