The Mountain View Chamber of Commerce is a membership based non-profit that integrates business, government, and mission-driven organizations to serve and enhance the community. Through programs, campaigns and events, extensive networking, and public advocacy, the Chamber serves as a convener, catalyst, and champion for the city and the region. Our highly diverse, innovative, and active member base includes more than 760 businesses and 50,000 employees.
The Chamber is an exciting and vibrant environment in an truly unique and inviting city. We seek individuals who are passionate about Mountain View and want to make a tangible difference in helping businesses thrive. Please see our current openings below. If you wish to apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Marketing and Events Manager
Overview of Position: The Marketing and Events Manager will be in charge of producing, marketing and executing a diverse array of events, programs and materials that drive traffic to local businesses; provide revenue opportunities for the Chamber and its members; increase the positive reputation of the Chamber, City, and region; and generate joy and engagement for the local community. This unique role combines operational excellence with marketing acumen in both online and offline scenarios. The successful candidate will have proven experience with virtual events, social media, and sizeable in-person gatherings, as well a highly creative and nimble mind to envision new strategies and programs amid rapidly changing circumstances.
Event Planning and Management
- Develop and execute annual strategic plan and calendar for events - virtual, in-person, and hybrid.
- Includes (but not limited to) logistics management, collateral creation, budgeting and expense management, vendor and facility collaboration, permits, layout, auctions/raffles, rentals, securing/managing volunteers as needed, and event agenda and flow. For awards presentations, manage nomination and selection process.
- Successfully execute 5 annual signature events for the Chamber and 2 for the Foundation. Help re-envision in-person events to virtual or hybrid as health guidelines evolve.
- Manage operations of regular Zoom events (Weekly webinars, monthly forums) and ad hoc as needed
- Create new online events and programs that meet member needs, create additional revenue, and are self-sustainable. Research and leverage new tools and technologies for effective virtual engagement
- Maximize and measure strategic and financial impact of all events and programs.
- Review and approve pending online community calendar submissions.
- Design and produce printed and online materials, including flyers, event collateral, and advertising
- Post regularly on various social platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Google); Assist in the development and support of social media and marketing campaigns that raise the visibility of the Chamber, create buzz and enhance member engagement.
- Update existing marketing collateral as needed
- Create website landing pages for events and campaigns
- Support Foundation and LMV Program Director in preparing materials for monthly Program Days
- Day to day operational duties as required for a small organization
- Oversight and proper categorization of expenses
- Manage/coordinate scholarship process and selection of recipients.
- Process Certificates of Origin
- Manage and schedule Board Room usage and billing
- General member support, including greeting visitors, answering questions, and directing as appropriate
- With CEO, provide yearly Visitor Center report to the City
Knowledge and experience required:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a 4-year degree – preferred in marketing, communications, or management
- 3-5 years of proven success developing and executing events and programs for small businesses that drive both physical and virtual traffic
- Design sensibility and the skills to create compelling visual creatives and basic collateral
- Facile with Social Networking platforms, especially Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Strong knowledge and working experience of digital event/program platforms and web conferencing
- Exceptional project coordination and organizational skills, including managing external contractors
- Skill in problem solving, creating contingency plans, and handling emergencies when necessary.
- Creativity in approaches that address the challenges of COVID-19 health orders
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and build community relations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including videoconference situations
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Experience working in a non-profit environment is a plus
- Expertise with the following software is highly desirable: Zoom (full features), Canva, Adobe, Chamber Master, Google G-Suite, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full-time, exempt. Salary is $55,000-60,000/yr based on experience, plus health insurance benefits and retirement plan. Generous vacation package including one week at Thanksgiving and the last two weeks of December. Commute and phone allowances are available. All work is remote during COVID; a split between office and work from home will be available once shelter orders are lifted. The Manager reports directly to the President & CEO.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please also let us know what makes Mountain View so attractive to you. Thank you!
Amine Khechfe • Cecile Currier • Ken Rosenberg • Katie Ferrick • John Zirelli • Diana Bautista