Statewide Emergency Declared Due to Fires, Extreme Weather ConditionsAugust 18, 2020Statewide Emergency Declared Due to Fires, Extreme Weather ConditionsToday, Tuesday, August 18, 2020 Governor Newsom declared a statewide emergency due to the fires and extreme weather conditions.Included in the proclamation are:
Links to the proclamation:Sunday, the Governor signed signed an emergency proclamation that temporarily allows some energy users and utilities to use backup energy sources to relieve pressure on the grid during peak times during the energy emergency.
- State assistance to local governments
- Mobilization of the National Guard to support disaster response and relief efforts
- Suspension of certain Unemployment Insurance Code provisions
- Suspension of certain Vehicle Code sections
- Certain waivers for hospitals, clinics, and other health facilities impacted by the fires
The Governor also sent a letter to CAISO, the CPUC and CEC demanding an investigation into the service disruptions that occurred over the weekend and the energy agencies’ failure to predict and mitigate them. https://www.gov.ca.gov/
- Press Release: https://www.gov.ca.
gov/2020/08/17/as-west-coast- faces-historic-heat-wave- energy-shortages-governor- newsom-signs-heat-emergency- proclamation-to-free-up- energy-capacity/
- Executive Order Text: https://www.gov.ca.gov/
- Signed Executive Order: https://www.gov.ca.gov/
wp-content/uploads/2020/08/8. 17.20-EO-N-74-20.pdf wp-content/uploads/2020/08/8. 17.20-Letter-to-CAISO-PUC-and- CEC.pdfAdditionally the CRA has created an Incident Resource Page for the LNU Lightning Complex in Napa County, comprised of the Gamble, Hennessey, and 15-10 Fires: https://caresiliency. org/incidents/lnu-lightning- complex-napa-county/ ( additional resource links will be added tonight after the compilation of the weekly wildfire brief)